一、 断句
• 所谓断句是指将英语或汉语句子按照适当的意群或概念单位 ,进行切割处理并译成汉或英语。
例 如: • 1 . I come to China /at an important time . • 我来到中国访问正逢一个重要的时刻 。
• 2. 请允许我 / 作自我介绍 。 • Please allow me /to introduce myself.
• 3. Aristotle,/the greatest of the ancient Greek writers,/had writen a work /containing all the knowledge of his time.
亚里士多德是最伟大的古希腊作家,曾写过一部著作,囊括了同时代所有的知识 。
• 4. They built the bridge /in two months •他们建这座桥,只花了两个月。
• 5. 我很乐意 / 为您排忧解难。 • I am very glad/ to help you out.
• 6. 今晚 / 公司总经理李先生 / 将设宴为您洗尘。 • Tonight/ Mr.Li, MD of the company /will host a reception banquet for you.
二、等待
• 等待是指在视中有意识地等一下,等到上下文比较清除时再开口翻译。
• 1. They are trying hard to realize the objective of modernization /and democratization. • 他们正在努力实现(等一下)现代化和民主化的目标
• 2. There remains a sizable gap between aspiration and accomplishment. • 愿望与成果之间仍有相当大的差距。
3 . We know that oxygen is necessary for the breathing of animals and plants , and for burning. • 我们知道氧气对于动植物 的呼吸和燃烧是必不可少的。
• 4. 我叫洪建信, 是中美制药有限公司的副总经理。 • I am Hong Jianxin , deputy MD of the Sino - American Pharmaceut ical Co, Ltd .
• 5 . 我为能在上海接待您和您的家人而深感愉快,我很高兴我们能在今后的半年里合作共事 。 • I am very glad to receive you and your family in Shanghai and I am very happy to work with you for the second half of the year .
三、 转换
• 转换指词类变换。 英语中非动词可以转换成汉语动词,如英语名词、 介词、 形容词和副词等都可以转换成汉语动词。 此外也可以是句式的转换
• 1. Every state is the best judge of what is required to safeguard its nation al security. • 每个国家自己才能最好地判断需要什么来保卫自己的国家安全。
• 2. 感谢你为我们所作的如此精心的安排。 • Thank you for your thoughtful arrangements.
• 3. 后来再也没有提起这事。 • The mater was never mentioned again.